Wednesday, January 22, 2014

 

The Gift Show in Stockholm

Yesterday was my fourth full day in Stockholm and I would like to say I did a ton of shopping but, alas, that is not the case.  The first night that I stayed at the cousin's flat someone backed into my rental car at the driver's door.  It was easy to see who had done it given that the snow showed tire tracks from a reserved space to my car.  The trailer hook hit the door at the hinge.  It was difficult to open and close so I had to exchange it.  Not something that is quickly done.  (Luckily the cousin contacted the  person who owned the space and his wife came forward and admitted the damage) So....
Let's talk about the Swedish Gift Show.  I saw a number of things that I liked.  Shown to the left is a photo of the designer of some wonderful trays that feature Gothenburg, Stockholm and Helsinki.  I asked if she had an Oslo image but she did not...perhaps next year.  These will be coming in my summer container along with a fresh collection of Moomin cards and trays. The fellows shown below make clever 3-d cards of Dala horses, Midsommer poles and even an Eiffel tower.  These, also, will be here late summer.

The show was refreshing after the mega gift show in Atlanta.  This had just a few sections and was easily seen in my two days there.  My favorite area was Nordic design.  There were so many bright and happy items from which to choose.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]