Thursday, January 16, 2014

 

Marcus Samuelsson

I wrote this post awhile ago but was having trouble with my Ipad am doing it now.

I am in Atlanta for the gift show.  It is, absurd as it sounds, time to buy Christmas.  It's also time to buy lots of items for the shop.  The Americas mart offered a free demonstration by Marcus Samuelsson to promote his new show the taste. Marcus was soon entertaining and thoughtful and funny! He prepared 3 dishes.  A Swedish meatball with a touch of barbecue sauce. Served with a combination of mashed potatoes, carrots and apples was his first dish.   He next prepared a paella type couscous which was so simple even I could make it one evening . He ended with a spicy rib served with lettuce and a pepper slaw.  I did not have a seat (due to very delayed flight) so was not able to sample most items but did get to taste the potatoes and the pepper slaw.   Marcus Samuelsson is a cool guy but he likes things hot hot hot!  If you haven't read his book YES CHEF by all means do- it's a delightful memoir with lots of references to life in Sweden.  I read it on my kindle but bought a copy so I could get his signature and a photo w him.  I brought along a tin of his Lingonberry green tea which delighted him so he signed that too!  I spoke briefly to him about Sweden (and that I am going next week) and about Geis ( sp?).  He was delightful and kind!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]