Thursday, January 23, 2014

 

Drive to Dalarna


My drive to Dalarna was lovely.  It was sunny and the light reflecting off of the snow covered pines and birch trees was magical.  Most of the lakes that I passed were frozen.  I was hoping to spot a moose but, alas, did not.  I did manage to spot two favorite second hand shops.  At the first one I found this fabulous lidded bread bowl.  I have never seen anything like it.  I wonder if it was used to help the dough rise?  It would make sense in this cold region where even now, in my heated room, my fingers are chilled from the draft off my window.  I also found some sweet Sami items including this small knife and equally small bread bowl.  The small items will probably travel home with my in my suitcase.  The large bread bowl will have to wait for the Summer container.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]