Tuesday, December 10, 2013

 

The Holly and the Ivy

I love the Christmas Carol, The Holly and the Ivy.

The holly and the ivy, when they are both full grown,
Of all the trees that are in the wood, the holly bears the crown.
Refrain:
Oh, the rising of the sun and the running of the deer,
The playing of the merry organ, sweet singing in the choir.


I guess that is why, years ago, when I was aware that Portmerion had a holiday china pattern of that name it became a frequent entry on my Christmas List.  Now we have enough to serve the whole extended family on Christmas Eve.

And today there is enough snow that I opted not to open the shop.  I am, instead, home finishing my Christmas decorations and switching out my Portmerion Botanical plates for the Holly and the Ivy.  There is not running of the deer in our yard...just a gently falling snow and occasional appearance of Tillie, our neighbors sweet Cocker Spaniel!

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]