Thursday, December 5, 2013

 

Swedish Tree Skirts

In my travels as I search the various "loppis" and 'Antik" shops of Sweden I often come across Christmas tree skirts.  They are usually burlap and most always without an opening.  I couldn't ,figure this out until I saw one of our cousin's Christmas trees when I visited Sweden one December. Their "stands" were like those you see in old fashioned books-two crossed pieces of wood.  Thus..no need for an opening because there is no water well to hide...just the bare tree.
This year I was thrilled to discover a vendor that offered burlap Christmas tree skirts similar to the vintage Swedish ones I find but with an opening.  We stock them in plain burlap as well as red polka dot or a brown herringbone.  I've put one aside for my family room tree...elegantly casual!

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]