Thursday, December 19, 2013

 

Remember your friends....

I spent some time yesterday with a friend who is ill.  I was thinking, before I went over, about how so many of my Mom's friends did NOT visit her when she developed dementia. Her sister came weekly from Philadelphia but people down the street never seemed to find the time.   I also remember another friend sharing that when her mother was in the hospital dying that no one came.  Their excuses were that they didn't like hospitals or wanted to remember the person the way they were.  I was with my mother when she died. I don't remember the woman on her deathbed  I remember the vivacious beautiful woman shown here.  I did, however, love her through every stage of her life.  If you have an ill friend...buck up....go visit-make her laugh...show her you care.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]