Sunday, December 1, 2013

 

Kringle!

Treated myself to a slice of Almond Kringle this morning.  We sell them at the shop in three flavors:  Almond, Raspberry, and Apple.  They arrive frozen and we keep them in the freezer at the shop so they are always fresh. I buy one for the house for special occasion...could eat it every day but then I wouldn't fit through the door!  Our Kringles come from Racine Wisconsin and they claim that the Kringle is the official pastry of Wisconsin.  Do other states have official pastries?  These Kringles are yummy and a lot easier than making one yourself.  My husband is first generation Estonian American and tradition requires a birthday Kringle: A large pretzel shaped pastry filled with almond paste, cardamom and gold raisins.  It is so fabulous and my sister in law has taken over the job of baking them now that my mother in law, who is 96, is no longer up to the job.  I have pictured the kringles we sell ($8.95) and one made by Tina....an all day effort.  

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]