Friday, December 20, 2013

 

Dreaming of a white Christmas

The DC area is expecting record warm temperatures this weekend....darn it!  All of our snow has melted.  It's too hot for Glogg.  I just went back to the photos of when Peter and I visited Rattvik one January.  Every inch of our charming hotel was decorated for Christmas and every bit of ground was snowy white.  I remember our drive there.  Neither Peter nor I speak Swedish and it normally isn't a problem....unless the radio is warning of a blizzard and you don't know what they're saying.  The snow started about an hour out of Stockholm and  quicly reached blizzard proportions.  Luckily our rental volvo had studded snow tires so we were able to finish our trip...in 5 rather than normal 3 hours.  I remember being so happy to reach the hotel, have a hot cup of glogg, and sit by the fire.  I hope YOU have a white Christmas!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]