Friday, November 22, 2013

 

And they said it wouldn't last!

Today is my 27th Wedding anniversary.  (No we did not purposely plan to be married on the anniversary of JFK assassination :(     though everyone asks!)  We were married in the chapel of Main Hall at Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster PA.  My parents lived in Lancaster and I am an F&M graduate class of '78.  Shown in the photo is the Irish Catholic Priest (Father Sullivan from St. Leo the Great Church) and  Estonian Lutheran Minister Pastor Rudolf Kiviranna of NYC who married us.  Little did I know that about 10 years later Peter and I would be adopting a baby from Estonia (a country I knew little about until meeting Peter!) Nor that 10 years after that I would be running a Swedish Antique and gift shop! As to the wedding.... I remember that the Estonian Minister spoke of the fact that Peter's paternal grandmother and Aunt had survived decades in Siberia.  The catholic priest quoted "Fiddler on the Roof" with the line "Goldie do you love me?"  Very interesting mix of cultures!  At the reception the Estonians gave lots of toasts and my Mom's family did the mummers' strut.  (Still love the Mummers and every year Peter gives me tickets to the parade--did so again this year!)  Here's to 27 more!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]