Friday, August 17, 2012

 

Saturday in Stockholm

One of my loppis paintings
which I carried home with me
Our Darlarna purchases!
I am actually home now, having landed Wednesday evening, but determined to catch up with my blog!  (for my select few readers!)  Saturday I allowed David to sleep in late while I ran to a local loppis store.  My pulse quickened when I saw a REA 50% sign.  Everything in the store was 50% off!  This place usually has low prices to begin with but 50% off made everything I liked affordable---for you!  The sale had been going on for awhile so most midcentury and all Arabia pieces (highly collectible in Sweden) were gone but I still found a lot!  I filled 3 1/2 shopping carts and spent 2 hours in the store.  A nice young man (son of the owner) helped me carry my boxes to the car.  (we've gotten smart-after 9 years of shopping-and finally bring boxes to fill rather than bags--you can fit more in the car without damage) I then headed to an auction house to check out what was to be offered and placed a number of bids. (fingers crossed)  It was around 12 and I knew a certain young man would be craving lunch so headed back to the hotel.  Where we stay in Solna has a little kitchen so David and I went to the grocery store andbought salad fixings.  I love these stores because they always have small tubs of crayfish (just the meat not of the mess) and small shrimp to add to your meals.  We then headed, once again, to our storage unit to put todays purchases away and prepare the car for Sunday's flea market.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]