Thursday, August 9, 2012

 

Peter heads home!

A fabulous (and expensive!) collection of mid-century items.
Just a few of my purchases.
Peter helps David map our route to Dalarna.
Tuesday was the last day for the three of us to be together in Stockholm...Peter had to get back to work and had an early flight on Wednesday.  We spent the morning packing up the purchases we still had at the hotel (we used a cage like cart the size of the elevator for our 4 large boxes, multiple bags, suitcases, and small sewing table)  The "boys" dropped me (I barely fit in the car) off at the auction house to collect our winnings while they went to unit to unload our "inventory".  I was pleased to see that we had won a number of great paintings...including one by Karl Abel a well known Swedish artisit.  Peter and David met me with an empty car and we headed to a few more second hand shops before doing one last run to the storage facility. When I looked at the unit after just a few days of shopping I had a flash back to the movie Jaws "I think we'll need a bigger boat!"   We then headed to a hotel near the airport since Peter needed to be at Arlanda by 6 in the morning! 

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
I'm so jealous of each and every one of these posts!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]