Thursday, July 21, 2011

 

Gated Communities

We hear a lot about gated communities these days and it brings to mind McMansions hidden behind massive iron structures. The gates shown above are more to my liking and more like a home I would desire. All of these photos were taken in the town of Kalmar which boasts an impressive waterfront castle and is the birthplace of Jenny Nystrom. (The creator of Tomtes as we know them) Each house, in this charming town, looked like it was plucked from a fairy tale. I will write more about Jenny Nystrom as we approach Christmas. Tomorrow I will show some wonderful ironwork we spotted while in Philadelphia. It's a crazy hot day today-lay low, drink lots of water, and read a book. I suggest the Henning Mankell book Italian Shoes which has many descriptions of winter days in the archipelago. Think frozen Baltic sea.....ahhhh I'm cooler already!

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]