Monday, July 4, 2011

 

Fireworks

I'm not a big fan of fireworks...dare I say that on the 4th of July? But I have a few favorite fireworks memories. The summer of the bicentennial I was living and working on Cape Cod between my sophmore and junior year of college. (Franklin & Marshall) I was staying with a friends family and all of us went to the beach which was bright with lights from all of the boats crowding the water. We were a little lit ourselves having drunk white russians (in summer? Yuck!-I was just 19 what did I know?) so we plopped on the sand and watched the fireworks explode above the decorated boats which were blowing their horns and ringing bells to celebrate 1976. Could that really have been 35 years ago!?
My other favorite memory was when David was little and into the teletubbies big time. I had made him a Po costume for halloween which he insisted on wearing almost every day including the 4th of July. We decided to drive downtown to see if we could see fireworks and came upon people stopped on the Roosevelt Bridge. We did the same, plopped our red suited Po on the roof for a good view and enjoyed a spectacular fireworks show. Just the three of us Dipsy, Tinky Winky& Po!






Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]