Tuesday, July 19, 2011

 

Doilies...not for MorMor's cupboard anymore




The other day I wrote about dining at Comet Restaurant. One of the wonderful details was a small, old fashioned, doily placed in the bread basket. It was a charming touch and a perfect use for those tatted rounds we often have piled in the linen closet. I don't know when the paper doily first appeared on the scene but I imagine it was supposed to replace it's cotton twin...which it most certainly did! At Klaradal we sell both paper and fabric doilies. The paper ones are from a British Company and come in combinations of very feminine solid or floral pinks. (they are shown to the left and far right) The old fashioned ones are generally white or ecru and perfect for that "naked" bread basket you have at home! I also, while searching the web, found the middle photo which shows using an assortment of doilies in the center of the table to create a lacy runner. Anyone planning a tea or ladies lunch should pop into Klaradal for table setting inspiration. The same company that makes the paper doilies also has darling sandwich stands, shown above, and packages of mini crackers to use as conversation starters. (By crackers I mean the cardboard cylinders that one pulls at both ends....not the salty crispy treat...which I also love on the table...but not as a conversation starter!) Hej Dor....I'm off to Philadelphia for some touring with my son!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]