Tuesday, June 7, 2011

 

Swedish Stlye







Today was our last full day in Stockholm and we spent it shopping. We went to my favorite second hand shops and Loppis and then ventured to trendy Sodermalm for lunch. (I had to go there to a bank branch-the first bank I tried informed me that they don't deal with money!!!) Luckily this bank was near one of my favorite Konditoris (bake shops) which also features sandwiches. Peter and I enjoyed a lovely lunch but were both as impressed with the flower arrangements and we were with the food. Every nook and cranny featured either a tall vase of Peonies or a delightful bunch of wild flowers (Queen Ann's Lace and Lupine). After lunch we drove to Ostermalm to browse Svensk Tenn -THE shop to visit while in Stockholm. The store features wonderful items most with the designs of Joseph Frank whose prints are as fresh today as they were when first conceived in the 1940's. Tomorrow we leave Stockholm and head south to Kalmar...I hope the hotel has the internet connection needed to continue blogging! Kingdom of Glass here we come!

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Sue - THANK YOU for blogging! I am enjoying each step of your journey back home to Sweden this time.This is a great idea. We were there last year on June 5th, but you have convinced me to go for National Day next time. I am still on withdrawal from that trip, so I am living vicariously through your blog. Can't wait to see what you bring home! Christine Anderson Davies
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]