Monday, June 20, 2011

 

Sunny Sweet Swedish Thoughts on a rainy day



On this rainy Monday in Maryland I would like nothing more than to enjoy (as this little girl is) a warm Cinnamon Bun followed by a walk down a birch lined lane. My one regret from this most recent trip to Sweden is that I brought too much of my American rush rush rush side and didn't take time to enjoy the quiet days Sweden has to offer. I still remember, on our first visit to Sweden in the 1990's, commenting to our cousin that his car didn't have cup holders. He asked why he'd want those and I said...to drink coffee while driving to work. He responded: Why would I want to drink coffee in the car? --I soon learned that Swedes don't rush their coffee! I can't tell you how hard it is for me, when I am traveling on my own, to force myself to STOP, sit down, and enjoy a cup of coffee. They now offer..."To Go Cups" but the cafes in Stockholm are still crowded with people enjoying the moment. Let's hope they continue to stop and smell the cinnmaon bun!

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]