Monday, June 6, 2011

 

Royal Revue!



Peter and I headed out today at 9:00 dressed in yellow and blue for National Day. Our first step was the royal palace where Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel were to officially open "National Day" The crowd was somewhat large but not by DC standards....We arrived 15 minutes before the event and were just 4 people back in line. I didn't have a great vantage point for photos but did get a few by holding my camera over my head. After the Royal Couple went back into the castle the doors were open and all invited in to tour for free. I wandered into the courtyard where, lo and behold, a children's choir was singing and there was the Royal couple...up close and personal - as you can see by my photo. They soon went inside and Peter and I toured the rest of the outdoor events. They had a special needs band playing rock n roll (Peter and I were one of two couples dancing) They also had a display of the only two "Old" Royal cars: The 1950 Daimler the couple rode in on their wedding day(The driver opened the door and let Peter feel the upholstery!) and a 1969 Cadillac. This was the most popular tent with the men! They also had a gardening exhibit, food hall, and-my favorite-a gift shop! We were out 13 hours with most of them standing so I'm ready to fall into bed--I'll write more about the day and the rest of the royals tomorrow!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]