Monday, April 19, 2010

 

New York Times features two Stockholm Restaurants

This Sunday the New York Times ran a piece on dining in Europe. They offered high end and low end. Both restaurants mentioned had opened this past September and I haven't been to either. The high end restaurant, Djuret (Animal) is apparently a carnivore's delight, albeit an expensive one with an average meal (no beverage or tip) costing $106. Given that I am cheap AND a fish eating vegetarian I won't make it to this one. The other restaurant, the low end, is called Nytorget Urban Deli...although even at that one a single meal, without beverage or tip, is about $42. This restaurant has themes each week and is located in Sodermalm...the always hip area of Stockholm. My son, in listening to us discuss the article, said "I like Agaton." I'd have to agree. This is located on the most touristy of streets in the old town but is always crowded with locals. They feature pizza and wonderful entrees. (A favorite not on the menu but you can request is a Caesar salad with crayfish--simply fabulous) This restaurant always offers specials and you can find entrees for about $20. Bon Apetit!

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Hi,

I have an old Swedish cradle and a rocking chair that I want to sell before moving. Would you be interested in them? If so, I would be happy to send photos of them.

marvingus@gmail.com
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]