Thursday, September 18, 2008

 

A Salty Twisted Life


The title sounds provocative but...I'm referring to the employees of Hammond Pretzel Bakeries in Lancaster. This small company has been located in a neighborhood near my childhood home since 1931. The pretzels are still hand rolled and hand twisted. I used to take my son there in the summer time and hold him up to the windows so he could watch the bakers at work. I pop in whenever I am in Lancaster to buy a box of "brokers". This weekend Klaradal is having an Apple Festival and I'll be serving Hammond Pretzels along with Swedish Apple cake and Cider. If you live in the DC area please stop in to enjoy these treats and check out my Swedish Furniture, Antiques, and gifts.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]