Wednesday, August 6, 2008

 

Water For Horses

The other week I went to visit my father who lives in Lancaster County PA. I needed to visit a shop off a Rt. 896 which is heavily traveled by the Amish. I passed a general store that had, on their permanent sign, "Water for Horses". Having just read the book Water for Elephants I was trying (waytoo hard) to decipher the meaning. A special energy water, a supplement for water, tanks of water? I then passed a small Amish house with the same sign...only hand made...and realized it was for those Amish horses (many once fine race horses) who, in the heat of summer, often needed to stop for water! I didn't stop for water but did quickly park to pick up a bunch of rainbow color zinnias and to deposit my $2.50 in the honor box! Ahhh...the simple life!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]