Monday, August 25, 2008

 

New York Gift Show

I would love to have every item in Klaradal come directly from Sweden BUT the economy and weakened dollar make it impossible to fill my Swedish country house with affordable gifts using Sweden as my exclusive supplier. So...I usually venture to the major gift shows to see what is new and fun! I recently attended the New York Gift Show. I found some new sources for reproduction Gustavian (Swedish) furniture. Previously I only represented reproduction furniture that was made in Sweden. These pieces, although beautiful, proved to be more expensive than the actual antiques. The new vendors I found sell pieces made in Spain, Italy, and (you guessed it) China. I don't plan on filling the shop with them but it's great to know there is a source for pieces (such as tabourets [Benches shown above priced from $900]) which are difficult to find in Sweden at an affordable price. If you'd like more details just e-mail me.




I also purchased items from some Scandinavian companies that were Swedish or Danish design but made in Nepal or China. These items should be in the shop by next month. Especially fun are some felted wool gnomes, pigs, and mushrooms for the Christmas tree. More on mushrooms later.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]