Tuesday, August 26, 2008

 

Ghostly Gift


I love animals but find I spend a lot of time cursing their existence in my yard. The deer that frequent the back field of Klaradal recently discoverd my hanging geraniums which now resemble hanging sticks. One year the squirrels chewed all of the pumpkins I had on the front porch. Birds seem to know when I put out a freshly cleaned cloth on the table in front of Klaradal. (They're usually floral and not bullseye design but...) This year, however, I have to thank one of these creatures for naturally planting a ghost
(tiny white) pumpkin seed in my front yard. The vine showed up a few weeks ago and now has over a dozen small white pumpkins! Now, I just need to protect them from Greta (the resident ground hog) whose figure attests to her love of EVERYTHING.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]