Thursday, October 18, 2007

 

Bag Lady

As many of you know...I love purses. Actually I love anything in that can be carried is functional, and has a little style.....Tote bags, shopping bags, tool boxes, fruit crates, Old Swedish Tina's, baskets! So, yesterday when I was at Trader Joe's I was immediately drawn to the great reusable shopping bags they are now selling. It is a vinyl coated fabric and has fabulous fun graphics featuring fruits, roosters salt shakers old cars, wheat, angel wings. It probably sounds garish as I describe it BUT it's quite fun and at only $1.99 a bag a great bargain. I bought two....so I can now safely announce it to others since I have my fair share.

Another bag, not quite so affordable, is the carpet bag (or Mary Poppins bag as one woman called it) that I purchase from Jobs Handtryck in Leksand Sweden. These bag, at $115 each, are still a bargain if you like to have a bag that is a little different from everyone else's. Jobs designs date back to the 1940's and are still hand screened in Leksand in a company still run by family. I am ordering more bags which I will bring home on my November trip to Sweden. If you think you want one e-mail or call and I will put you on the list! Fondly, Sue

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]