Wednesday, September 26, 2007

 

Returning to my Roots

Yesterday I traveled to Lancaster to visit my parents for the day. I stopped at my favorite Tuesday haunt "Roots Market" which, in addition to being a great farmers market also has a terrific outdoor flea market. I have a multitude of boxes from Sweden that need to be unpacked and are sitting untouched in a storage shed but I still bought a cartload of things for the shop. Look this weekend for an assortment of ironstone plates, a fabulous terrine top which can be hung on the wall for display, black and white china, and a collection of old books including some Swedish language novels (found in Lancaster!) A visit to home is not complete without a raisin sticky bun OR a visit to the tomato barn where I bought some tasty jet star tomatoes, pumpkins and gourds. The stand is a huge barn but, because kids are back in school, was unmanned so I had to drop my money in the honor box....I love that!!!

Labels:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]